Happy 22nd year to me, I’ve been nominated for:
…how fitting, I have a yellow soul! Thank you dear Keri (Are You my Book?) for the nomination; you always inspire me to read and write more. Check out her blog for some great book reviews, writing updates, and all kinds of entertaining bookish content. She rocks my socks!!!
Also I’ve clearly been neglecting the beauty that is colored text, so excuse me while I write the rest of this post in vibrant colors!
The rules for this tag are straightforward:
~ List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog
~ Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
~ Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
~ Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
(Also photography is my new passion! Expect many photos on blogs now, including this little piece of sunshine:)
1. What’s your favorite book to recommend?
I’m pretty sure I tell everyone to read The Little Prince because it pulls many different pieces of humanity and human desires together into one story. Plus it’s short and quick, so no one can use their dislike of reading as an excuse not to read it! One sitting books are also confidence boosters if you feel stuck in a reading desert… don’t ask me why, but no matter how many books I’ve read it always feels like the greatest accomplishment to finish a book!
2. If you were forced to try out a new type of blog post (e.g. a new format or topic), what would it be about?
Given my life recently, I’d probably start a photography blog where I created stories or personal posts from picture themes. I really love looking at life through a new (literal!) lens. It’s such an innately optimistic concept. It proves beauty can be in ANYTHING! ESPECIALLY the easily overlooked aspects of life.
3. If you had to dye your hair a color from the rainbow, what color would you pick?
Oh come on… yellow. You already know that. Everyone already knows that, even you reading my blog for the first time.
4. Who’s an auto-buy author of yours?
Don’t hate me, beautiful bookish friends, but I rarely buy books. 99% of the time I have to have already read it and loved it in order to purchase it. The only authors I think I’ve bought from before reading their works are J.K. Rowling and Jane Austen… I know that’s not the most interesting answer, but it’s the truth. OH! But also if I had the funds, Markus Zusak. I’ve only read two of his books so far, but they’re both on my all-time favorites list!
5. Your all-time favorite snack?
PRETZEL RODS. (Not really, that was just for Keri…) Right now I’m on an edamame kick, but I don’t think I have an all-time favorite… I’m always up for Cheez-its. My friend Johnnie said they “smell like feet,” so that tainted them a bit for me, but I STILL LOVE THEM.
6. Current obsession? (e.g. movie, song, TV show, book)
You’re just asking me to plug all the new music from artists I love… Switchfoot’s album Native Tongue, Dodie’s EP Human, Sigrid’s song “Don’t Feel like Crying,” and Half Alive’s song “Arrow.” I don’t know what kind of music you like but I’m sure you’ll appreciate something on that list. (Fun fact: Keri introduced me to Sigrid! YAY!)
7. Tell us a little bit about your blogging routine?
*Hopefully* every Friday or Saturday I post! Blogs rotate between Christian life, entertainment (like books!), creative writing, and thoughts on general topics that apply to all of us, like love and friendships. Basically you can pick and choose what you’re interested in and there’s 100% something for everyone here! Look around and be one of my new buddies! 🙂
8. Tea or coffee and what’s your favorite kind?
Coffee fo shizzle, with any kind of sugar, but mainly chocolate. Mochas are my life. Mochas are my kryptonite. Mochas are my cardiac arrest. [Excuse me, I had a mocha today, so the mocha demon just took over.]
9. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Thursday because it’s FRIDAY EVE! Plus because of my class schedule currently, Thursdays are basically Fridays since Friday just includes theatre, which is another love of mine as of late.
10. If someone handed you a gift card to a bookstore right now, what book would you buy with it?
This is, once again, SO mainstream I’m slightly cringing, but I’d love to add To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before to my collection since I just read it! Reading that was like being transported back to my high school self with all the same angst and dramatic inner monologues. I saw so much of my younger self in that book. ALSO one of my new all-time favorites from Christmas break: I am the Messenger.
11. What’s a goal of yours for 2019? (bookish, blogging-wise, other, it doesn’t matter)
I’m attempting to read 50 books this year and am sadly only on my third right now, because school always ends up being busier than I expect! There’s also sadly a lot of the Bible I still haven’t read and missed on my reading plan last year, so I’m trying to read all the sporadic, unread bits this year (at my leisure, because it shouldn’t be out of pressure.)
Now here are MY questions, buddies:
1. Where would you love to travel?
2. What popular book or series have you been dying to read but haven’t gotten around to yet?
3. Is there anything you wish someone would blog about? (And maybe I’ll touch on it sometime soon?!)
4. Board games or video games, and what are your favorites?
5. What book would you recommend to everyone? (I will add it to my list!)
6. What movie(s) have best done a book or series justice?
7. Who’s your least favorite character of all time and why?
8. What fictional world would you want to live in?
9. If you had to write a book, what genre would it be?
10. Who’s a musical artist you can’t stop listening to?
11. What are you hoping for 2019?
And here are my sunshines, if you want to participate:
Sam @ samuelgrangerblog
Jenny @ Jenny in Neverland
Julia @ readjulespaige
Caralyn @ BeautyBeyondBones
Kelly Jean @ kellyjeancreates
Kaitlyn @ loveisalifelineblog
Elaine @ readefining
Thanks for stopping by, friends! Stay warm out there (or cool if you live someplace hot.)